24H DUBAI 2018
11-12-13 January 2018
DUBAI AUTODROMELocation: 25 minutes from central Dubai
Circuit length:5390 meters
Number of turns:16
Address: Dubai Autodrome, Business Park, PO Box 24649, Dubai
www.dubaiautodrome.com | Location Map | Getting to Dubai Autodrome
The 5.39km track at the Dubai Autodrome is one of the most modern in the world; it is also one of the most challenging, as it has a combination of high-speedstraights and technical corners. The venue is part of the Union Properties Motorcity development in the greater Dubailand area. The circuit, which contains six different configurations, is designed to allow three circuits to operate simultaneously, safely and independently from each other. The result presents circuit users with unparalleled options.
The circuit was designed to meet the strictest safety requirements and is the first FIA-sanctioned circuit to incorporate wide asphalt run-off areas. The digital surveillance system provides complete coverage of all areas of the track and is linked to the Race/Safety control room for monitoring and saving on hard disk recorders.
GENERAL CIRCUIT MAP | PADDOCK LAYOUT
Most facilities are housed in a two-storey ultra modern complex facing the grandstand. These facilities include Pit Complex, Race/Safety Control Room, Timekeeping Room, Media Centre, VIP Suite and Stewards Room. A world-class Medical Centre is situated behind the Pitarea for track emergencies during major events.
The CCTV system provides complete coverage of all areas of the track and is linked to the Race/Safety control room for monitoring. This means that incidents along the track during a race or event can be reviewed by the Clerk of the Course.
The Media Centre is fully equipped with individual ISDN lines, computers and fax machines for the local and international press, while the Pit Complex encompasses 30 individual team garages. At the rear of the Pits is a traditional racing paddock for team staff and hospitality.
The Dubai Autodrome offers a one-of-a-kind facility for VIPs to enjoy motor racing in a regal setting. The luxuriously appointed VIP Suites offers a spectacular view of the thrilling action with cars passing only meters away.
There will be a central fuel station available at the Dubai Autodrome. This means that you do NOT need to bring any refuelling equipment.
Specific for the Hankook 24H DUBAI:
- Location: the refueling area at the end of the pit lane
- Number of pumps: there will be 8 petrol pumps and 8 diesel pumps available
What you need to know:
- All vehicles must be able to refuel directly with a commercial type hose as used in usual service stations
- You only need to make sure your fuel inlet is prepared to refuel with a standard (commercial) fuel-pump-pistol. Therefore: the refuelling orifices of the tanks must be equipped for this operation.
- The use of adaptors or filler bottles is strictly forbidden
- The use of extra ventilation during refueling is only allowed in conjunction with a (ATL) vent-bottle
- During the complete refueling operation, the windows and doors on both sides (left and right) need to be closed.
- The team need to have TWO team members available at the refueling station during each refueling operation
This is required to push the car away in case the engine will not start after the refueling operation. It is also allowed to assist the refueling operation by one or two own team member(s). IN THIS CASE THE (1 OR 2) TEAM MEMBERS MUST WEAR FLAMEPROOF OVERALLS, GLOVES AND BALACLAVAS.
- Refueling will take place on basis, first come first refuel